- 350g Fresh, ripe tomatoes
- 75g Blanched almonds
- 25g Raisins
- 20g Capers, drained
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Fresh, medium-hot red chillies, deseeded
- 30g Fresh basil leaves
- 20g Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 80ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Half a lemon Lemon juice
- 75g Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- 500g Dried bucatini
- To taste Salt
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest bucatini with sicilian pesto! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Blitz the tomatoes in a blender or food processor and tip into a sieve set over the sink to drain.
- Return the tomatoes to the blender and add the almonds, raisins, capers, garlic, chillies, basil, parsley, oil and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth and pour into a medium bowl. Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, cook the bucatini in a large pan of boiling, salted water until al dente. Reserve 80ml of the cooking water. Drain the pasta thoroughly and tip it back into the same pan with the cooking water.
- Pour over the pesto and stir for 30 seconds to combine. Serve immediately with a little Parmesan sprinkled over the top.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your bucatini with sicilian pesto and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.