- 400g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 x 7g sachets of fast-action (easy-blend) dried yeast
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing & brushing
For the topping
- 500g butternut squash, peeled & cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 red onions, peeled & cut into 8 wedges
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing & brushing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 200g cavolo nero, tough central midribs removed and leaves cut across into quarters
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & thinly sliced
- 200g Dolcelatte cheese, cut into small pieces
- 60g walnut pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest butternut squash, red onion, cavolo nero & dolcelatte pizza with walnuts! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- To make the dough, put the flour in a large bowl. Add the yeast to one side of the bowl and the salt to the other. Make a well in the centre and add the oil then gradually pour in 280ml of warm water.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, mix together thoroughly to create a wet dough. Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a round and place in a large oiled bowl. Brush the top with a little oil and cover with cling film. Leave to rest at room temperature for 20–25 minutes.
- Brush 4 baking sheets with oil and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Place the butternut squash, onions, 3 tablespoons of the oil and half the oregano in a roasting tin, about 20 x 30cm. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together well with your hands, ensuring everything is evenly coated in the oil. Roast for 25 minutes then set aside. Increase the oven temperature to 220ºC/gas mark 7.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your butternut squash, red onion, cavolo nero & dolcelatte pizza with walnuts and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.