- 16 Fresh sardines, scaled & gutted
- 200ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml Red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon Lemon Juice
- 100g Capers, drained & chopped
- 3 tablespoons Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- To taste Salt
- To taste Freshly ground black pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest chargrilled sardines with caper & parsley vinaigrette! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Preheat a ridged cast-iron chargrill pan over a high heat. Rinse the sardines inside and out and pat dry with kitchen paper. Brush all over with 60ml of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the vinaigrette, put the vinegar, lemon juice, capers and parsley in a medium bowl and whisk in the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- When the chargrill pan is very hot, reduce the heat to medium and lay the sardines in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until the sardines are golden with charred grill marks, then gently turn and cook for a further 4 minutes. If you turn the fish too early, the skin will stick and tear, so don’t rush it.
- Place the sardines on a warm plate, drizzle over the vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your chargrilled sardines with caper & parsley vinaigrette and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.