- 100g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium hot red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1cm strips
- 100g hot chorizo sausage, cut into thin round slices
- 60g rocket leaves
- to taste salt
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest chicken and chorizo salad with beans and rocket leaves! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
Put all the beans in a large bowl with the tomatoes, chilli and garlic. Pour over the lemon juice with half the olive oil, season with salt, toss all together and set aside.
Place a large frying pan over a high heat and pour in the remaining oil. Add the chicken strips and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Season with salt, add the chorizo and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes over a high heat.
Toss the rocket leaves through the bean salad and transfer to a large serving plate. Top with the crispy chicken and chorizo and serve immediately.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your chicken and chorizo salad with beans and rocket leaves and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.