- 150g Plus Extra For Greasing Low-Fat Spread
- 130g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs, Medium
- 100g Self-Raising Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 250g Fresh Strawberries, Hulled
- 130g Natural Yoghurt, Low-Fat, Thick
- 1 Tablespoon Icing Sugar
- 1 Cadbury's Flake, Crushed, To Decorate
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest chocolate & fresh strawberry cake! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Lightly grease a 20cm square tin cake and line the base and sides with baking parchment. Put the spread, caster sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and eggs in a large bowl. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl. Beat with an electric whisk until the mixture is smooth.
2. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface. Transfer to the middle of the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave the cake to cool slightly in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. Halve the strawberries then reserve about a quarter of them on a plate. Place the rest in a medium bowl. Add the yogurt and the icing sugar and gently fold everything together.
4. Spoon the strawberry mixture over the chocolate sponge and decorate the top with the reserved strawberry halves. Sprinkle over the chocolate flake and serve with your favourite hot drink.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your chocolate & fresh strawberry cake and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.