- 4 Small, Young Courgettes
- 1 Lemon, Grated Zest & Juice
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x 400g Tin Borlotti Beans, Rinsed & Drained
- 1 Small Yellow Pepper, Deseeded & Finely Diced
- 1 tablespoon Baby Capers, Drained
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- To Garnish Small Basil Leaves, Fresh
- To Serve Parmesan Cheese Shavings
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest courgette carpaccio with borlotti beans, peppers & capers! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin held over a large bowl, shave the courgettes lengthways into long, thin strips. Add the lemon zest and juice and 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with a little salt and black pepper. Gently toss everything together with your hands. Leave to rest for 10 minutes to allow the courgettes to soften.
- Meanwhile, place the beans and yellow pepper in a medium bowl. Add the remaining oil, the capers and the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Toss together to combine.
- To serve, lay the courgette strips on 4 plates, slightly overlapping. Spoon over the borlotti and pepper mixture then scatter over the basil leaves and Parmesan shavings.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your courgette carpaccio with borlotti beans, peppers & capers and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.