- 500g dried linguine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 fresh, medium-hot red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
- 200g fresh red cherry tomatoes, halved
- zest of 2 unwaxed lemons
- 150-200ml prosecco
- 360g fresh white crab meat
- 120g pitted green olives, drained & halved
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt to taste
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest crab & prosecco linguine! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Cook the linguine in a large pan of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, put the oil, garlic and chilli in a large, high-sided frying pan or sauté pan and place over a medium heat. Fry gently for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly softened (you do not want them to turn mushy). Stir in the lemon zest. Season with salt.
- Increase the heat and pour in the prosecco. Bring to the boil and let it bubble until almost evaporated (about 1–2 minutes). Add the crab meat, olives and parsley and turn off the heat.
- When the linguine is cooked, remove it from the water using tongs or a spaghetti spoon and put it directly in the pan with the crab mixture without draining. Gently toss the pasta to ensure it is evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your crab & prosecco linguine and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.