- 180g plain, dark chocolate
- 60g unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 50g light brown muscovado sugar
- half a teaspoon ground cimmanon
- blueberries to decorate
- raspberries to decorate
- shelled, chopped pistachio nuts to decorate
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest dark chocolate mousse with summer fruits! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Break the chocolate into a large heatproof bowl, add the butter and salt and set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. The base of the bowl should not touch the water. Leave until just melted then remove the pan from the heat, stir and leave the chocolate to cool slightly.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, whisking continually, then stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk on full speed until they form stif peaks. Using a metal spoon, gently fold one third of the egg whites into the cooled chocolate mixture until well blended. Fold in the remaining egg whites in 2 stages.
- Spoon the mixture into individual glasses, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- Decorate each mousse with the blueberries and raspberries. Sieve the pistachios to remove the dusty skins and sprinkle them over the top.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your dark chocolate mousse with summer fruits and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.