For The Pizza Base
- 500g Strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 x 7g sachet Fast-action, easy blend dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 6 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
For The Pizza Topping
- 1 x 400g tin Chopped tomatoes
- 15 Anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 150g Pitted green olives, drained and halved
- 1 tablespoon Capers, drained
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dried oregano
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest deep pan pizza with anchovy, olive & caper topping! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Add the yeast to one side of the bowl and the salt to the other. Make a well in the centre and add 3 tablespoons of the oil then gradually pour in 300ml warm water and mix together using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes or until soft, smooth and elastic, adding a little more flour if it’s really sticky.
- Shape the dough into a round and place on a large oiled baking sheet. Brush the top with a little oil and cover with a clean tea towel. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until nearly doubled in size.
- Remove the tea towel. Using your fingertips, gently push the dough to a rectangle about 30 x 24cm and 2–3cm thick and make indentations in the dough. Brush with a little oil and replace the tea towel.
- Leave to rise again in a warm place for a further 40 minutes or until nearly doubled in size. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Remove the tea towel and make further indentations in the dough. Spread over the chopped tomatoes, leaving a border of about 1cm clear around the edges. Scatter over the anchovies, olives, capers, garlic and oregano. Drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your deep pan pizza with anchovy, olive & caper topping and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.