- 3 Oranges, Large
- 1 Unwaxed Lemon, Grated Zest
- 1 Shallot, Peeled And Grated
- 2 teaspoons Runny Honey
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 7 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g Watercress, Trimmed
- 1 Fennel Bulb, Large, Cored & Thinly Sliced
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest fennel, orange & watercress salad with thyme vinaigrette! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- First peel and segment 2 of the oranges. Using a sharp knife, cut o. about 1–2cm from the top and bottom of the fruit to expose the flesh. Place the fruit on one of its flat ends and cut down to remove the skin and the white pith. Rotate and repeat, working your way around the fruit until the flesh is completely exposed.
- Cut between the flesh and the white membrane to free the segments. Set the segments aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, squeeze as much juice as you can from the remaining orange (you should have about 100ml). Put the orange juice in a bowl and add the lemon zest, shallot, honey and thyme then add the oil gradually. Season with a little salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Arrange the watercress on a large serving platter and scatter over the fennel, then the orange segments. Drizzle over the vinaigrette.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your fennel, orange & watercress salad with thyme vinaigrette and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.