- 160g Fregola
- 7 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 150g Green olives, pitted, drained & quartered
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh marjoram, chopped
- 10 Fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 1 Large unwaxed orange, grated zest
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- To taste Salt
- To taste Freshly ground black pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest fregola salad with olives, orange zest & fresh herbs! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the fregola and cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain thoroughly, toss with 3 tablespoons of the oil and spread out on a large plate or tray to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put the olives in a large bowl with the garlic, marjoram, mint and orange zest. Add the remaining oil and the vinegar and stir to combine.
- Fold in the fregola and season with salt and pepper. Toss well. Serve at room temperature.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your fregola salad with olives, orange zest & fresh herbs and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.