- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g diced smoked pancetta
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Half a teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g tins borlotti beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1.5 litres hot vegetable stock
- 300g dried gomiti (elbow) pasta
- 20 fresh red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g freshly grated Grana Padano cheese
- Salt to taste
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest hearty bean stew with pasta! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the pancetta for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, rosemary and chilli flakes and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the borlotti and cannellini beans and the chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes with the lid half on, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta and cook it in the liquid for about 8 minutes, uncovered, or until al dente. (If the sauce is reducing too quickly, add a cup of hot water.)
- Remove from the heat, leave to rest for 2 minutes then stir in the tomatoes and Grana Padano. Taste for seasoning. Serve immediately.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your hearty bean stew with pasta and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.