- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & thinly sliced
- 6 anchovy fillets in oil, drained & chopped
- Half a teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 50g capers in salt, rinsed under cold water
- 70g pitted Leccino olives in brine or oil, drained & halved
- 1 x 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- 400g linguine
- Salt to taste
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest linguine in a southern italian sauce with anchovies & capers! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the oil and fry the garlic and anchovies for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chilli flakes, capers and olives and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes; keep stirring.
- Pour in the cherry tomatoes, stir well and gently simmer for 8 minutes with the lid off, stirring every couple of minutes. Season with salt, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the linguine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. To get the perfect al dente bite, cook the pasta for 1 minute less than instructed on the packet. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the same pan it was cooked in.
- Pour the puttanesca sauce over the linguine and stir all together for 30 seconds to allow the flavours to combine fully.
- Serve immediately – without any kind of cheese!
GINO’S TIP: Don’t try making this recipe with fresh tomatoes – you need to use tinned tomatoes to get the correct consistency.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your linguine in a southern italian sauce with anchovies & capers and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.