- 400g dried paccheri
- 100g Gorgonzola cheese, cut into small pieces
- 100g Taleggio cheese, rind removed & cut into small pieces
- 100g Scamorza (smoked mozzarella) cheese, rind removed & cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons full fat milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 80g freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest paccheri with four cheeses! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Cook the paccheri in a large pan of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, put the Gorgonzola, Taleggio and scamorza in a large saucepan. Add the milk, oil, half the chives and the paprika. Place the pan over a medium to low heat to melt the cheeses and stir to combine. Do not allow the mixture to boil. Remove from the heat and season with a little pepper.
- When the paccheri is cooked, remove it from the water using a slotted spoon and put it directly into the sauce without draining. Ensure some of the cooking liquid comes along with it. Gently fold the pasta through the sauce and stir in half the pecorino.
- Transfer the pasta to individual serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle over the remaining pecorino and remaining chives and serve immediately.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your paccheri with four cheeses and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.