- 100g Chick Peas, Tinned & Drained
- 100g Borlotti Beans, Tinned & Drained
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes, Quartered
- 1 Red Chilli, Medium-Hot, Deseeded & Thinly Sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Peeled & Finely Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Flat Leaf Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 8 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 400g Squid
- 80g Hot Chorizo Sausage, Thinly Sliced
- 500g Orecchiette Shells
- To Taste Salt
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest pasta shells and beans with squid and chorizo! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Put the chickpeas and beans in a large bowl with the tomatoes, chilli, garlic and parsley. Pour in the lemon juice and 5 tablespoons of the oil, season with salt and toss gently together. Set aside.
- Cut open the body pouch of each squid along one side and use the tip of a small sharp knife to score the inner side into a fine diamond pattern. Then cut each pouch first in half lengthways and then across into 7cm pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and add in the squid pieces (scored side up so that they will curl attractively). Also add in the tentacles.
- Sear for about 30 seconds, then turn them over and continue to sear for another 30 seconds until golden and caramelised. Season with salt, add the chorizo to the pan and cook for a further minute, keeping the heat high. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and tip back into the same pan.
- Return the saucepan to a low heat and pour in the bean mixture, the squid and the chorizo. Stir everything together for 1 minute to allow the flavours to combine.
- Serve immediately and please do not be tempted to serve it with any grated cheese on top.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your pasta shells and beans with squid and chorizo and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.