- 2 Tablespoons (Plus Extra For Brushing) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g (Plus Extra For Dusting) Strong White Flour
- 1 x 7g Sachet Fast Action (Easy Blend) Yeast
- 140ml Warm Water
- 1 Large Courgette
- 2 x 125g Reduced Fat Mozzarella Balls, Drained & Cut Into Small Cubes
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Glaze
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest pizza with courgettes & balsamic glaze! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Brush 2 medium baking trays with oil and set aside.
- Put the flour, yeast and a pinch of salt into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the water and extra virgin olive oil. Mix to create a wet dough (use the handle of a wooden spoon so you don’t get sticky fingers).
- Turn the dough onto a clean, well-floured surface and work it with your hands for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Shape the dough into 2 balls and place in the centre of the oiled baking trays. Brush the tops of the dough balls with a little oil and cover with cling film. Leave at room temperature to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim and discard the top and bottom of the courgette. With a sharp knife cut the courgette into really thin discs, or use a mandolin if you have one, as it will make this job much easier. Set aside while you preheat the oven to 210ºC/gas mark 7.
- Once rested and still in the baking trays, use your fingertips to push each dough ball out from the centre, creating two round discs about 22cm in diameter.
- Scatter the mozzarella evenly over the pizza bases and sprinkle the parsley on top. Lay the courgette discs over the mozzarella and parsley slightly overlapping, creating a circle effect. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over each pizza.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes, until golden and crispy. Drizzle over the balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
GINO’S TIP: For a really crispy pizza base, slide the pizza tin on top of a preheated baking tray in the oven.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your pizza with courgettes & balsamic glaze and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.