- 200g strong white flour plus extra for dusting
- 7g fast-action dried yeast
- pinch of salt
- 140ml water, warm
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus extra for brushing
for the stuffing
- 200g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 8 slices salami Milano
- 6 slices Parma ham
- 8 slices bresaola
- to taste salt and pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest pizza stuffed with mascarpone, salami milano, bresaola and parma ham! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Brush a large baking tray and the inside of a large bowl with oil.
- To prepare the dough, put the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the water with 1 tablespoon of oil. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together to create a wet dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and work it with your hands for about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the oiled bowl, brush the top with a little oil and cover with clingfilm. Leave to rest at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Once rested, turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and divide it into two equal halves. Use your hands to push each one out from the centre, to create 2 round discs about 20cm in diameter.
- Place 1 disc on the oiled baking tray. Spread the mascarpone cheese on top of the pizza using the back of a tablespoon, and season with salt and pepper. Top with the salami, bresaola and Parma ham, distributing the meats evenly.
- Gently lift the second disc and place it on top of the filled one. Bring together the edges to enclose the filling. Pinch to seal and turn over the edges to create a rope-like effect.
- Brush the surface of the filled pizza disc with oil. Cook in the middle of the oven for 18 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot with a big glass of Italian dry red wine.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your pizza stuffed with mascarpone, salami milano, bresaola and parma ham and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.