- 100ml olive oil
- 4 tuna steaks (about 300g each)
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly sliced
- 5 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 large courgettes, roughly sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons capers in salt, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 80g pitted green olives, halved
- salt and pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest seared tuna steak with courgettes and capers! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Heat 5 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the tuna over a medium heat for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a second frying pan and fry the garlic, pine nuts and courgettes for 3–4 minutes over a high heat. Add in the cherry tomatoes, capers, thyme and olives and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further minute.
- Spoon the courgette mixture over the tuna and return the pan to a medium heat. Cook for a further 5 minutes, uncovered, to allow the fish to absorb the flavours.
- To serve, place the tuna steaks in the centre of a serving plate and pour some of the courgette mixture over each portion.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your seared tuna steak with courgettes and capers and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.