- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Peeled and Finely Chopped
- 80g Kalamata Olives, Pitted and Halved
- 1 Hot Red Chilli,Deseeded and Finely Chopped
- 80g Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Oil, Drained and Finely Chopped
- 300g Minced Pork
- 300g Passata
- 400g Medium Shell Pasta (Conchiglie Rigate)
- To Taste Salt
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest shell pasta with spicy pork and tomato sauce! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan or wok over a medium heat and fry the onion and olives for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chilli, sun-dried tomatoes and the minced pork and continue to fry for a further 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the passata then gently simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. Season with salt and set aside, away from the heat.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and tip back into the same pan.
- Pour in the sauce and stir everything together over a low heat for 30 seconds to allow the flavours to combine and the sauce to coat the pasta evenly.
- Serve immediately without any kind of cheese on top.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your shell pasta with spicy pork and tomato sauce and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.