- 50g Salted Butter
- 120g Golden Caster Sugar
- 6 Bananas, Large, Firm & Peeled
- 100g Chocolate Chips
- 250g Puff Pastry, Ready-to-Roll
- For Dusting Plain Flour
- 1 Tub Vanilla Ice-Cream, To Serve
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest sticky banana and chocolate tart! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Melt the butter with the sugar in a deep-sided, heavy-based frying pan that can be used in the oven. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until it turns into golden caramel. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the whole bananas in the pan creating a circle, breaking as necessary, ensuring that the entire base is covered. Sprinkle over the chocolate chips.
- Meanwhile, unroll the puff pastry onto a floured surface and cut a disc shape about 25cm diameter, or about 5cm bigger than the top of your pan.
- Lay the pastry over the bananas and tuck the overlap down inside the pan with your fingers.
- Bake the tart for 20–25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Take a large circular plate and place face down on top of the pan. Quickly invert the pan to turn the tart upside down. Remove the pan, leaving the bananas facing upwards.
- Serve generous portions with vanilla ice cream.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your sticky banana and chocolate tart and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.