- 1kg new potatoes, scrubbed
- 180ml olive oil
- 8 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves, bruised with the back of a knife
- 4 x 175g swordfish steaks
For the gremolata
- 12 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons capers, drained and roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest swordfish steaks & sautéed potatoes with gremolata! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for about 7 minutes then drain. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice in half lengthways.
- Meanwhile, make the gremolata. Put the parsley, garlic, capers and lemon juice and zest in a medium bowl. Pour in the oil and stir to combine. The mixture should have the texture of a wet pesto. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Heat 90ml of the oil in a large, high-sided frying pan or sauté pan over a medium to high heat. When very hot, add half the potatoes, cut-side down. Fry for about 1 minute then add the rosemary and 4 of the garlic cloves. Fry then potatoes for about 5 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Transfer to kitchen paper to drain. Repeat with the remaining potatoes, topping up with more oil if needed. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 90ml of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add the remaining 2 garlic cloves. Gently lay the swordfish steaks in the pan and fry for 2 minutes each side, or until the fish is just cooked through. Season with salt.
- Divide the potatoes among 4 serving plates and place the swordfish alongside. Drizzle over the gremolata.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your swordfish steaks & sautéed potatoes with gremolata and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.