- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Very Finely Diced
- 2 Celery Sticks, Very Finely Diced
- 1 Carrot, Very Finely Diced
- 500g Minced Pork
- 500g Minced Beef
- 50ml Red Wine
- 50ml Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Purée
- 300ml Passata
- 400ml Chicken Or Vegetable Stock
- 500g Fresh Tagliatelle
- To Serve (Optional) Parmesan Shavings
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest tagliatelle with bolognese! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Heat half the oil in a large sauté pan and fry the onion, celery and carrot for 5 minutes until soft and starting to colour.
- While the vegetables are cooking, put all the meat in a large bowl, pour over the remaining olive oil and crumble the meat between your fingertips. Add the meat to the pan and fry until brown – around 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes, then add the milk. Simmer for 2 minutes before stirring in the tomato purée, passata and stock. Simmer gently for 3 hours until reduced and thickened. Once cooked, remove from the hob, season with salt and pepper then cover with a lid and leave for 20 minutes – you do not want the sauce to be boiling hot when you serve it.
- When ready to serve, bring a large pan of water to the boil and season generously with salt. Add the pasta to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes or until just cooked. Drain the pasta, then return to the pan with the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve in bowls with a few Parmesan shavings scattered over, if you like. Enjoy!
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your tagliatelle with bolognese and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.