- 1.3 kg Watermelon flesh, cut into chunks
- 150g Caster sugar
- 100g Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 200ml Double cream
- 50g Dark chocolate chips
- 20g Pistachio nuts, fine chopped
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest watermelon puddings! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Purée the watermelon flesh in a blender or food processor, or in a bowl using a hand-held blender.
- Put the sugar and cornflour in a medium saucepan. Tip in the watermelon purée and whisk with a balloon whisk. Transfer the pan to a medium heat and gently bring to the boil, whisking continuously. Reduce the heat to low and continue to whisk for 3 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. While the mixture is still hot, sieve it into a large heatproof bowl, pressing the fruit through with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 6 decorative glasses. Leave to cool, cover with cling film and transfer to the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Place the cream in a large bowl and whip until thick enough to hold its shape. To decorate each pudding, spoon a dollop of cream on top and sprinkle over the chocolate chips and pistachios.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your watermelon puddings and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.