- 1 Courgette, Trimmed
- 400g, Cut Into 4 Pieces Skinless Salmon Fillet
- 40g Salted Butter
- 100ml Hot Vegetable Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 50g Reduced Fat Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest wrapped salmon with dijon mustard & mascarpone sauce! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6.
- Using a potato peeler, slice 8 wide ribbons from the courgette lengthways and set aside.
- Lightly season each salmon fillet with salt and wrap 2 courgette ribbons around each fillet. Transfer the wrapped salmon to a baking tray measuring about 25 x 35cm and evenly dot the butter over. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18 minutes.
- Dice the remaining courgette and put into a small saucepan. Add the vegetable stock, Dijon mustard, mascarpone cheese, dill and garlic salt and stir all together. Place the saucepan over a low heat and gently cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Make sure that the sauce doesn’t boil otherwise it will split.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and arrange on a serving platter. Pour the mascarpone sauce over and around salmon.
- Season with black pepper and serve immediately with mashed potatoes.
GINO’S TIP: Bake the salmon parcels seam side down to help prevent the parcels unravelling.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your wrapped salmon with dijon mustard & mascarpone sauce and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.